- Buying the PSD Mini or Full Package
- Transfer of your main data (human and dog)
- Age 6 months at least (dog)
- all PSDeurope customers who bought a PSD package
You have decided to train your dog as a PSD (Psychiatric Service Dog) according to USDoT standards and to form a human-animal partner team with it.
Prerequisite: Dog: Your dog is older than 6 months and therefore basically qualified for training, regardless of breed, size or gender.
Human: You suffer from psychological or psycho-somatic symptoms or impairments.
Over the period of a few weeks, you can acquire all the skills to train your dog as a PSD according to US DoT standards at very reasonable conditions. Better yet, you’re already in the middle of it. We hope it is fun and joy for you, you spend good trainings together, your relationship will be even better! You will learn a lot of interesting and useful information and become a real dog professional by the way!
Allow yourself as much time as you need together or as necessary. Clicking through the lessons too quickly would miss the point. Due to the most important information in summary and the checklists can be downloaded in the download center in learning step 16.
If you feel safe and ready with an exercise, you can shoot a short video with your mobile phone (20-30 seconds). In learning step 16 you will be asked to send them all in. Please do this all at once and not piecemeal.
The online course
“PSD Full Package”
ends with the acceptance of submitted short videos on the various necessary skills of your dog in online coaching. With an internationally qualified dog trainer you discuss the videos, you can ask questions, get tips and feedback.
A PSD performs general and specific tasks for its holder. you will learn a lot in the coming chapters. These are described at the end in a personal task list.
Please note that a confirmation from the doctor or psychotherapist must be available to start the PSD training of your dog – if you do not have a diagnosis and do not yet have a human-dog partner team confirmation, then you can do this as part of this training.
In order for my dog to become a PSD (psychiatric service dog) according to US DoT standards and for him to be able to fly in the cabin, some basic requirements have to be met:
- The expert confirmation that a specific dog takes over tasks for psychological or mental stabilization or mitigation for its owner in order to cope with everyday life
- The concrete dog must be trained in obedience and have such a confirmation. The dog owner ensures the correct care and guidance of his dog
- A task list/task list that defines tasks of the dog for his/her human